Prevent problems and avoid unnecessary damage by maintaining your heating and cooling systems. Check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall. Use the checklist below to keep your equipment in good working order.
- Check the thermostat to make sure you are not running your heating and cooling at unnecessary temperatures or at unnecessary times.
- Lubricate parts in motors.
- Tighten electrical connections. Faulty connections can shorten the life of your equipment.
- Inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). Water damage and indoor humidity can result from a clogged drain.
- Check system controls to ensure they are working properly.
- Inspect, clean, and/or change air filters monthly in your central air conditioner, furnace, and/or heat pump. If in doubt about how to do this, staff from Plumbing and Heating by Craig can provide instruction.